Went out crabbing, had a lovely time. Spent the night in Port Madison, quite peaceful, thanks for asking. Home today? Less so:
Forecasts? I’m pretty sure that on this boat, weather is a Boy Job. At least it always has been. I may need to take over. To be fair, Brock did check it last night and it said 10-20 kts this afternoon. Apparently the forecast changed. It was 25-35 with 4-6 ft waves.
Highlights of our adventurous crossing from Port Madison to Shilshole:
- Dinghy came out of the cradle up on top. Thought we were going to lose it for a minute, but it was still secured by the cable and settled pretty flat because of the cold
- SSB antenna snapped the holder and was dragging in the water
- I did go rescue it and got electrocuted by the Christmas lights when I grabbed the rail. Yes, of course I was wearing my life jacket. Seriously, it was that bad out there.
- Wii & other electronics ended up downstairs. We did not anticipate well on this one & failed to adequately “pre-fall” the cabin. Even if we had, this was the worst I’ve seen and I probably wouldn’t have done as thorough a job as was required by conditions. It’s a new bar set for me.
- Fridge opened. I’d been meaning to clean it out anyway. Just not all in one moment
- Corel shatters. Who knew? Never lost any of those plates before. Those and the plastic wine glasses. Haven’t broken those before either
- Keys from the wireless keyboard ended up scattered around the salon. Don’t have a clue how that happened, but we did recover them
Looks like some cleaning ahead!