Deck Prisms

   After nearly 60 years and a crack through the middle, it’s no surprise that the deck prism above our galley leaks. Over the years, it’s been caulked, re-caulked, and sworn at with some regularity.
   I decided to try a different approach this year. Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure has had some good reviews in the forums, so I figured it was worth a try.
   It took about five minutes before the drip formed, which speaks to how slow moving the product is. That’s a good thing if it’s going to stay in position rather than just running through the crack. It’s supposed to dry clear and it was definitely sticky on my fingers ten minutes later. I’m hopeful!
   I also put it on the other deck prisms, which all leak to varying degrees. None leak quite as much as this one, but there is one directly above the corner of Natalie’s bunk that is annoying too. Crossing my fingers!

***UPDATE*** October 11: After some torrential rains over the last few days, I am thrilled to report that there are NO leaks from the deck prisms! It’s amazing how much pleasure that gives me.

No Responses to “Deck Prisms”

  1. rob
    October 14, 2011 at 5:51 am #

    Nice job!